The Department of Speech and Swallow Rehabilitation at Narayana Health deals with the assessment and treatment of speech, language, voice and swallowing disorders. These are usually caused by brain damage/trauma/stroke, cancer, infection, birth anomalies or associated with surgical complications in paediatric, adult and geriatric population.
The Department Supports a Wide Range of Specialities Including the Following
- - Oncology - Head and Neck Oncology, Neurosurgery, Paediatric Surgery, GI Surgery, Haematology, Medical and Radiation Oncology.
- - Trauma - Neuro, ENT, Paediatric and Maxillofacial.
- - Developmental - Paediatric & ENT Degenerative Neurological Disorders.
- - ICU - Cardiac, Neuro, Medical & Surgical, Paediatric and Neonatal.
- - Syndromes - Genetics, Paediatrics & Cranio-Maxillo Facial.
Key Diseases & Treatments:
- Speech therapy: Degenerative Disorders, Strokes, Stammering, Fast Speech, Mispronunciation &Unclear Speech.
- Voice therapy: Vocal Abuse, Misuse, Vocal Cord Pathologies, Cancer, Clefts. Video Laryngoscopy, Nasal Endoscopy and Video Fluoroscopy.
- Language therapy: Stroke, Delayed Speech, Autism, Syndromes, Cerebral Palsy, Hearing Loss (Cochlear Implant and Hearing Aids).
- Swallow therapy: Laryngomalacia, Trauma, Strokes, Tumors in children, Cancer, Stenosis, Trauma, Stroke, Degenerative Disorders, Clefts,
- Swallow therapy: Laryngomalacia, Trauma, Strokes, Tumors in children, Cancer, Stenosis, Trauma, Stroke, Degenerative Disorders, Clefts,Syndromes. Fiberoptic Endoscopic Swallow Test, Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study Test.