The Department of Neurosurgery at Narayana Health consists of a team of experts with extensive medical experience and skill. Together with a panel of multi-specialists, they perform a wide range of both simple and complex neuro and spinal surgeries on adults and children. The department treats a wide range of neurological conditions, diseases and trauma and uses state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment such as Tesla MRI, CT and PET scanners and world-class, dedicated Operating Theatres and Intensive Care Units for post-surgical recovery.
Procedures performed include endoscopic neurosurgery, stereotactic and functional neurosurgery, spinal and peripheral nerve surgeries. Narayana Health also has a neurorehabilitation program to assist patients with post-treatment recovery and guides them on ways to improve their quality of life.
Key Neurological Conditions Treated At Narayana Health
- - Meningitis
- - Central nervous system infections including abscesses
- - Spinal disc herniation
- - Cervical spinal stenosis and Lumbar spinal stenosis
- - Hydrocephalus
- - Head trauma (brain haemorrhages, skull fractures, etc.)
- - Spinal cord trauma
- - Traumatic injuries of peripheral nerves
- - Tumors of the spine, spinal cord and peripheral nerves