Paediatric Kidney Transplants are relatively new and are even more complex than a regular transplant. The team at Narayana Health have years of experience and training in performing Kidney Transplants and is among the few in India performing Kidney Transplants on children. The presence of an expert team of paediatricians, neonatologists, and paediatric nephrologists mean that child is under comprehensive, multi-speciality care both before and after the procedure.
The facilities at Narayana Health are state-of-the-art and include dedicated paediatric intensive care units, Critical Care Units and 24x7 Dialysis units. Key advantages of Narayana Health also include the well-equipped blood bank service, the in-house molecular biology lab and the radiology services.
Paediatric Kidney Transplant Services At Narayana Health
- - Among the few centres in the country with paediatric transplant experience.
- - The presence of a team of paediatric and neonatal specialists in several medical fields.
- - HLA typing to check donor compatibility with potential recipients
- - Tests to check for serious illnesses that could affect the process, such as cardiac disorders and untreated/improperly managed chronic infections
- - Laparoscopic Nephrectomy which leaves a smaller scar on the donor and allows for faster recovery
- - Post-operative care including dietary guidance and monitoring
Note: As per Indian laws, all international patients must have a suitable donor of their nationality before they arrive for the procedure. Narayana health does not indulge in the illegal practice of buying or selling of Kidneys.